[Asterisk-Dev] possible Bug in "Originate" manager command

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Mon Oct 27 07:59:16 MST 2003

> But if i try the following:
>
> Action: Originate
> Channel: Zap/g1/033283077731
> Context: pri1
> Extension: 1234
> Callerid: 033283077733
>
> The call never comes to context "pri1". He goes to default. Is there
> anything is wrong ???
>
> Here is the section from extension.conf:
>
> [pri1]
> exten => 1234,1,Playback(outofdark)
>
> Another thing is that if it not possible for * to make the call (after Dial)
> the manager connection willl be closed.

The above looks ok to me, although it might be good
to have a look at your manager.conf file.

I've been playing around a lot with the manager interface
lately and have not had any of the problems your facing
with either the seg fault or the context issue you describe.
Last two CVS's 10/01 and currently 10/24.
I know, not much help but just thought I'd let you know
it is working as supposed to for me.

Now, your next question, this is one I was working on this
weekend. I could not find a way to check the status of
an outgoing group of lines, to make sure there is an
open line before sending an originate to the group.
(if there is, could someone share?)
The best I could come up with is checking the response
from the originate.
If all lines are busy Response = Error
or else Response = Success
In either case, the manager connection remains open.

How are you working with the manager interface?
Telnet, perl, python?