[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Asterisk and RADIUS

RAD Development rad_devel at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 03:36:40 MST 2003

Hello,
I respond here to all of you interested in RADIUS accounting ...

Unfortunately I have some bad news ... we have developed this module for a
company that, at a moment we signed the contract, agreed that all new code
developed for Aterisk to be released as GPL. That is till on but they don't
want to do it until they will have their system up and running.

Once we have finished it I would like to contribute with it to the comunity,
but this morning my boss took me from elevator direct into his office and
told me that we have to wait deploying the module to the world wide until
our contractor will be in business, otherwise we will not get any money.
That must happen until the end of this year.

I have to apologize  to each of you for this mess, only my enthusiasm made
it, I worked over the weekend to finished it as soon as possible. Due to
this situation, I feel responsable to each of you, so I will provide some
hints just in case you can't wait a few months.

- you can start looking into mysql accounting module (cdr_mysql)
- download freeradius and get familiar with it, there you have a client
library, libradius that will make your life very easy
- in mysql accounting module, instead of composing a SQL query you have to
pack the data into some AVP and send it to freeradius, libradius will help
you here
- for each attribute you want to send to radius server (there are 14 or 15,
look at struct ast_cdr) you have to define an attribute ID into FreeRADIUS
dictionary, so they will be recognized and proper stored into FreeRADIUS
log. There is nothing else you need to change into radius server, just to
add these 14-15 attribute IDs.

I hope that will help you, I can't tell more without being fired ... :(

Just to the others, that asked more about: the module only makes accounting,
nothing related to prepaid. I haven't studied the case to see what that
involves.

my apologizes once again.