[Asterisk-Dev] Minimal Installation

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Oct 23 09:12:26 MST 2003

> Probably got you all beat on a minimal system :)

Only by 36Mhz...

> Pentium 1, 166mhz,  32meg ram, 1 gig HD
> 1 FXO port
> Voicepulse for inbound DID and outbound LD services (using IAX2)
> Running MOH and Meetme conference service
> 4 SIP phones running g711

P200MMX, 32M, 9G SCSI UW2 with caching controller (I had it lying around
heh)

> Note CPU % hardly moves until GSM calls come in from Voicepulse.
> Compressed voice drives up CPU utilization. 3 GSM calls  to MOH playing
> mp3's runs my CPU to 60%

I found that ulaw->ILBC (FXS to voicepulse) leaves my voice kinda crappy,
but ILBC->ulaw on incoming is perfect.  GSM cleared that up and I'm in the
middle of recompiling * with MMX enabled and -O2 instead of -O6 (I don't
want to unroll all those loops, cache is valuable)...

We'll see if the translation table shows lower values soon.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew