[Asterisk-Dev] Some questions of heavy * deployment and stability.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Oct 19 08:41:26 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 00:48, Anton Tinchev wrote:
> I expirienced some stability issues with some channel drivers - mostly
> in h.323, small in SIP, small in the other applications - queue, conf.
> I still waiting for my digium cards to make field test with it.
> However, our first deployments will be only chan_zap and chan_iax
> based, maybe future usage of chan_sip.
> I have some questions:
>
> How stable are these channel drivers?

We have been using chan_zap and chan_iax for more than a year with
minimal problems. For example, our current gateway machine is running in
our colo facility. According to asterisk show uptime, we have 5 weeks
and 4 days uptime.  The machine itself has bee up for 7 weeks. The
machine locked when I ran a kernel compile. Only problem is that it is
currently running a version of asterisk from 4-26-2003. That version
seems to have a problem with chan_iax when one side is silent like
during a long recording, it will have problems coming out of the silence
and start playing prompts again. We will be upgrading to CVS soon.

Our office machine gets rebooted regularly, but thats because of the
development we do on it.