[Asterisk-Dev] Real billing time in CDR

Sistemas - ANALITICA MD asterisk at analitica.md
Fri Oct 10 06:42:06 MST 2003

hello,

I am working with asterisk and looking for some stats about operators,
then i've found that there is no real time of the call in asterisk when i
use an autoattend context.

looking into the cdr.c i can see that applications can call a ¨set
destination¨ or something to update the CDR record so you can know the
real destination of the call, but i can't found something to make the
apps(queue,dial, etc.) to update also the real time of the answer for that
call.
When the exten,s,1, is executed the answer time is setted and it remains
that way, so if for example, a person dials a PBX, the autoattend starts
telling him about the menu and the extensions and the person just dial an
extension, lets say it took him 15 secs, then the Dial app is executed,
for example it could be a queue app, and the extension start ringing, for
lets say 5 sec and we have 20 secs so far and no real answer for that
call, when anotehr person actually answers the call and they talk about 20
secs, the CDR will tell me that the specific call i'm talking about had 40
secs with 40 secs billables, when the real thing is that it was 20 secs
what the real call last, i mean for real when a person actually gives
attention to the caller.

anyone has opinions?

i think it could be very usefull, cause sometimes you need to know, for
example, if operators are answering the calls for real or not, or if they
just let it ring. with actual statistics.. i can't know that.

thanks in advance.

--
Sistemas - ANALITCA - MD