[Asterisk-Dev] IAX Trunking between 2 Asterisks

duncan duncan at impede.net
Thu Oct 9 17:10:25 MST 2003

>Hi Duncan,
>
>Thank you very much for your help. I have following 2 questions:

no problems, i only just figured it out myself

>1.    How do you verify the this trunk working properly? Any "show"
>commands?

"iax2 trunk debug"

should tell you information about the trunks that are setup, and the number
of calls currently on them.

>2.    If I have 2 SIP phones, one registered on ServerA, and the other one
>registered on ServerB. Can I call from
>       one SIP phone to the other by using the IAX trunk?

yes, its all about how your dialplan handles calls.  make sure that any
call you want routed goes over the
Dial,IAX2/trunk_demo:trunk_d3m0 at serverX|${EXTEN} dialing statement

duncan