[Asterisk-Dev] Modem Detection

Nicholas Romero nxn at idim.com
Mon Oct 6 09:49:11 MST 2003

Quick Question.

I see how A fax is detected and handled in Asterisk but do not see any type
of detection routine for standard modems.  Is there anyplace that looks for
the guard tone from the answering modem and sets a state.

Would it be correct if there is not anything to add what is needed in dsp.c
and chan_zap.c for this to work?  Where I am going with this is to add to
monitor application a check for this and if the channel is a FAX or Modem
exit.  There is no use for recording these states that I can think of.  I
would also possibly add a an extension for modem for use in the scripts.
Would not be of much use on inbound except in special case but might be
interesting for outbound if modem detected.

Thanks,
-Nicholas