[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk crash a box when log is size 2147483647

James Sizemore james at deny.org
Sun Oct 5 20:23:35 MST 2003

When Asterisk log files reaches a size of  2147483647 bytes
Asterisk will start using up all ram on the box till the box
becomes unresponsive and will need to be rebooted. I have
seen this happen twice now. Both times it was on a production
box and I just deleted the log file so that Asterisk would start.
In both cases the partition had plenty of physical space 30 gig
free in this case, As I use ext3 the file system has no limit
around 2 gigs.  I  will build a test box  Monday  to see if I can
track down if this  is a  logger.c  problem  or a  Linux system
library  problem.

However my bigger concern was  that Asterisk displayed
very bad behavior after the system rebooted as until I deleted
the log file I could not start Asterisk, Not being able to log
should not in my opinion stop a telco system from starting!
<smile>

Anyone seen a log file larger then 2147483647 bytes?
If so what distro.