[Asterisk-Dev] channel.c ast_call + ast_transfer OR instead of AND???

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu Nov 27 10:46:59 MST 2003

> instead of the AND:
>
>         /* Stop if we're a zombie or need a soft hangup */
>         ast_mutex_lock(&chan->lock);
>         if (!chan->zombie && !ast_check_hangup(chan))

Nope, this is the correct version.  It reads "If this is NOT a zombine AND
it hasn't been hungup THEN call on the channel".

> I noticed my asterisk was trying to dial a zombie channel (and then
> crashed...) as in
> -- Executing Dial("Zap/32-2<ZOMBIE>", "Zap/32|40|tm") in new stack

Can you get a backtrace?  It's hard to imagine a situation in which we
would dial on a zombie.  Clearly ast_call would return -1, but there may
be a crash buried somewhere else.

Mark