[Asterisk-Dev] ztdummy

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 26 08:35:39 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 23:38, Raj Kiran Talusani wrote:
> after going through the asterix code it looks like :
>
> using ztdummy we can write a conference application without the need of
> expensive hardware. true or false?
> if thats true, suppose i write my own conferencing app using this
> ztdummy driver. Then do i have to release
> my app as GPL?

Using ztdummy, you just get a timing source. If you so wished to rewrite
the conferencing app, you could either choose to use a different timing
source, or to solve that problem in any number of other solutions.

A conferencing app for asterisk would have to be written in such a way
as to require a GPL release if you ever distributed the app unless you
paid for a commercial license from Digium. This was covered not too long
ago on the -user list.