[Asterisk-Dev] Should I hear the CAS signal on ADSI Phones?

Jonathan Biggs jon_209 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 12:12:24 MST 2003

Hello all,

 Have a few questions.

 New to asterisk , just getting setup with
 1 X100P and 2 TDM400p.  Redhat 9

 Hope I sent this to correct list. Sent it to
users list but got no response, so I'll try this one

 Setting up some Aastra/Vista Powertouch 350 phones.
 Things work outofbox on ADSI programming, vmail
 downloads, menus etc.

 Question.  When I Dial voicemail2 mainmenu from
 keypad on the 350
 (Say ext 8)  I hear what seems to be the CAS signal
 from the ADSI transmission for a split second.
 I hear the same thing
 at  the end of the mailbox prompt and end of password
 prompt.  Is it normal to be hearing this sound or
 should the phone be intercepting it?

 Prompts and everything works (as much as is
 programmed) but the sound is annoying as heck. Kind
of loud also..

 I have noticed I hear this any time the phone is in
 voice mode, and is trying to switch into data mode
 for  the next set of menu transmissions.

 I have no alternate equipment or lab or service to
 comparisons with.  First experience with ADSI. So I
 am not sure if this is normal or not.

 BTW I also cannot get VMWI working as stated in
 current bug list. (VMWI broken on TDM400P)

 Thanks