[Asterisk-Dev] Text to speech on Asterisk

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 10:42:28 MST 2003

It should be clear that $200 will not buy you much.  Certainly
you can't get a whole new voice for that as you ned to hire
both an engineer and a voice actor

But you can create one yourself or with the help of someone who's
voice you like the sound of and can speak the desired language.
"Festvox" is the tool you need to use.

Go to this site

  http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/festival/

And then click on the "Festvox" project link.

While there check ou the demmos.

Look at "sable"  OK here is an example, should be readable

   Good morning <BREAK /> My name is Stuart, which is spelled
   <RATE SPEED="-40%">
   <SAYAS MODE="literal">stuart</SAYAS> </RATE>
   though some people pronounce it
   <PRON SUB="stoo art">stuart</PRON>.  My telephone number
   is <SAYAS MODE="literal">2787</SAYAS>