[Asterisk-Dev] Operator Console

David Hindmarsh dave at lex.net.au
Tue Nov 11 18:52:24 MST 2003

If I was to embark upon building the Java console app where do you think I should start looking for the types of functions listed below.

1.  Who/which extensions are presently busy.
2.  Transferring an incoming call to an extension.
3.  Call forwarding another extension when someone is away from the office, without going to the phone.
4.  Putting a call in an extension queue so that as soon as they hang up the current call the next call comes through.
5.  Adding, changing callgroups/pickup groups.
6.  All of the above needs to be updated in near realtime.
7.  Must be able to limit what the operator sees to its own context plus any other defined contexts.
8.  Must be platform independant.

Feel free to add functions that you think will be useful.

Dave