[Asterisk-Dev] IP v6 Supported?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 10 00:36:48 MST 2003

Peter Brown wrote:

> I've googled the mailing list but can't find any reference to whether IP
> v6 is supported in Asterisk? Could any one enlighten me?
As far as I know, nothing has been done to support IPv6 in Asterisk so far.
If anyone is up to it, I think a good start is to study how IPv6 would
affect Asterisk, from both a protocol and a configuration stand point.
 From that, we could form guidelines for developers and start coding.

Asterisk could, if this is implemented, work as a very good IPv4 to
IPv6 VoIP gateway.

Regards,
/Olle