[Asterisk-Dev] Voice energy detection: coder wanted

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Nov 7 15:14:11 MST 2003

I have a requirement from one of my customers (in the emergency
services arena, I am told) to develop a voice energy detection system
for Asterisk.  This would be to detect the difference between an
answering machine, and a human.  This detection need only be very
basic, and probably will hook into the existing routines in dsp.c
(unless you have a cadence and tonal module already built.)

I am not a C programmer, so I post this here to see if anyone would
want to provide to me a dollar estimate for development of an
extension to Dial that would provide an alternate hangup cause of
type "RECORDING" or something similar as an output into the CDR's.
Of course, the system would be GPL'ed after development.

This is a first run at what hopefully will be an eventual integration
of more sophisticated voice detection/recognition tools such as
Sphinx into Asterisk.  However, one step at at time.

Replies to me privately, off-list.

JT