[Asterisk-Dev] Need testers for new STUN build system

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 14:35:57 MST 2003

I'm working on contributing two things for Asterisk

  1) STUN suport, this will allow asterisk to detect any
     NAT firewalls and enable eventual self-configuration
     with respet to NAT

  2) A GNU "autotools" based build system.  This will
     enable developers to make their code more portable
     and for features to be enabled/disabled as compile
     time.

As a first step I've added a GNU "autotools" based build system
to the STUN tools available at www.vovida.org  If you'd like to
test my new build system let me know and I'll e-mail you a
tar file.  Also if you'd like a preview of what I intend to do
for Astrerisk I'll send you a STUN tar file so you can see it
and make comments BEFORE a begin work onm doing the same
work for Asterisk..

This is a very early snap shot that works on RedHat 9 but
way well work on any system where SSL and Kerberos are installed
I'd like bug reports, success reports or patches if you can do that.

If you'd like a tar file e-mailed to you let me know OFF LIST.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550