[Asterisk-Dev] EAGI Question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 4 14:22:55 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:33, Eric Wieling wrote:
> With EAGI() what format should the audio the EAGI script that is being
> sent to Asterisk be in?

Dude, 2 seconds walking the source yields loads of information. I'll
explain how I looked up this data as a example of how easy this could
have been answered. Please do not take this as talking down to you, but
just an enumeration of steps taken.

1. locate eagi source. I'll admit I knew it was part of the AGI source,
so it was quickly found at /usr/src/asterisk/apps/app_agi.c

2. locate section that starts eagi. All functions are lowercased, so a
quick search for eagi brings me to
 static int eagi_exec(struct ast_channel *chan, void *data)
And this looks appropriate.

3. Read code.
    if (ast_set_read_format(chan, AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR)) {
This luckily is very easy to read that the function is trying to set the
read format to Signed Linear(16bit 8khz).

Hope this helps you to walk the code later to answer the fairly simple
questions.