[Asterisk-Dev] follow-on calls

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Fri May 30 22:40:11 MST 2003

Hi all.  We now have a debit card system up and running under asterisk,
but I'm looking for suggestions on how we can let users make follow-on
calls.

We take their pre-paid card number and the number they want to dial and
we do an asterisk call transfer.  But right now, if they want to make
another call, they have to hang up and call back.

Can anyone think of a way to allow callers to make another call?  Most
systems out there allow the caller to hold down # for three seconds or
so to signal the desire for another call.  Some seem to listen for it
at any time, and others only listen before supervision has occurred and
after supervision has ended.  But how would we do anything like that
under asterisk?  The Dial app does something similar but it doesn't
seem to work on Zap calls (or I've configured it wrong).

Thanks...