[Asterisk-Dev] zapata, zaptel, GPL etc

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed May 28 11:39:08 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 13:32, asterisk at billheckel.com wrote:
> Also not quite true, he can use it internally for commercial prospects, he just cannot sell a
> product using or based on * without releasing the mods/improvements to *.

And that isn't fully true. The GPL only states that you must distribute
the source with the product. You don't have to recipricate with the
parent project. This is how forks develop, and I don't advocate this at
all. The parent project though is capable of swallowing up the changes
made since it is all GPL.