[Asterisk-Dev] R2/DTMF on Asterisk? How???

Vinod Sankar vinod at netyantra.com
Sun May 25 01:56:56 MST 2003

AFAIK Digium E1 cards do not support R2 or CAS, only ISDN PRI. I had received
a mail to this effect sometime back from Digium sales.

Vinod

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 11:37:46AM +0700, cziom wrote:
- I asked this question on the asterisk-users list and got no assistance
- whatsoever. So I thought this might be a more appropriate forum for the
- inquiry.
-
- If this doesn't generate a response, my next step is to invoke Digium's tech
- support, so feel free to respond now if you're out there Mark. :-)
-
- Thanks,
-
- Chris Ziomkowski
- cziom at jsg.co.th
-
- I just recently purchased an E400P card and am attempting to get it working.
- My requirements are for 2 ports to run Q.931 and the other 2 ports to run R2
- signalling with DTMF inband. The card will operate in a drop and insert
- fashion with calls arriving on the ISDN side and being terminated on the R2
- lines.
-
- There don't seem to be any examples out there of how to set up this card for
- R2 signalling, let alone how to do R2/DTMF. (Yes, I need DTMF not MF or MFC)
-
- Can anyone familiar with Asterisk/Digium give me some advice on how to
- proceed? I'm a fairly competent developer and am not afraid to dig into the
- device driver if my requirements aren't supported, but I'm under alot of
- pressure to get this running quickly, so I'm hoping someone is going to come
- to my rescue.
-
- Can someone point me to any documentation that deals with configuring this
- board for R2? If there isn't any, can anyone tell me where I should look to
- start hacking the code? It's always easier to have a starting point. Failure
- is not an option here, so any advice is appreciated.
-
- Thanks for your assistance,
-
- Chris Ziomkowski