[Asterisk-Dev] R2/DTMF on Asterisk? How???

cziom cziom at jsg.co.th
Sat May 24 21:37:46 MST 2003

I asked this question on the asterisk-users list and got no assistance
whatsoever. So I thought this might be a more appropriate forum for the
inquiry.

If this doesn't generate a response, my next step is to invoke Digium's tech
support, so feel free to respond now if you're out there Mark. :-)

Thanks,

Chris Ziomkowski
cziom at jsg.co.th

I just recently purchased an E400P card and am attempting to get it working.
My requirements are for 2 ports to run Q.931 and the other 2 ports to run R2
signalling with DTMF inband. The card will operate in a drop and insert
fashion with calls arriving on the ISDN side and being terminated on the R2
lines.

There don't seem to be any examples out there of how to set up this card for
R2 signalling, let alone how to do R2/DTMF. (Yes, I need DTMF not MF or MFC)

Can anyone familiar with Asterisk/Digium give me some advice on how to
proceed? I'm a fairly competent developer and am not afraid to dig into the
device driver if my requirements aren't supported, but I'm under alot of
pressure to get this running quickly, so I'm hoping someone is going to come
to my rescue.

Can someone point me to any documentation that deals with configuring this
board for R2? If there isn't any, can anyone tell me where I should look to
start hacking the code? It's always easier to have a starting point. Failure
is not an option here, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance,

Chris Ziomkowski
cziom at jsg.co.th