[Asterisk-Dev] OpenH323 channel driver, Q931 Calling party number

Niclas Gustafsson niclas.gustafsson at codesense.com
Fri May 16 05:25:31 MST 2003

Hello!

I've got a question regarding the Q.931 Setup-field Calling Party
Number.

It contains five things: Type of number, Number Plan, Presentation and
Screening indicators and the actual number.

Our provider uses some of those to decide if the numer should be
presented or
not to the outside world.

I've done a crude hack in our GnuGK to always change those so that our
numbers
are displayed.

ProxyChannel.cxx:~513:

        if (m_lastQ931->HasIE(Q931::CallingPartyNumberIE)) {
                        unsigned plan, type;
                        PString oldnumber;
                        m_lastQ931->GetCallingPartyNumber(oldnumber,
&plan, &type);
                        m_lastQ931->SetCallingPartyNumber(oldnumber,
plan, 2);
                        changed = true;
        }

However as I would like to disable the use of GnuGK as a h.323 proxy,
I'd would very much like to see something in asterisk that would enable
the
possibility to supply such details from the dial plan.

Perhaps, a short term solution would be to supply some hints to the app
SetCallerID i.e:

exten => _0..,2,SetCallerID(123123;123abc)
And then parse this (123abc) in the Open H.323 channel driver?
This way no changes would be neccesary to Asterisk.

Another way would be to add a SetCallerIDDetails app ..

Any ideas/comments?

Regards,

Niclas Gustafsson