[Asterisk-Dev] More IAX tests with different codecs

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Wed May 14 06:42:11 MST 2003

Hi,

I wanted to pick up on John's IAX2 testing:

On Wed, 7 May 2003, John Todd wrote:

> More IAX tests.
>
> 1) IAX with GSM
>    Works fine, sounds fine.  No dropouts, mild artifacts (but nothing
> that is a "problem")
>
> 2) IAX with G711
>    Works fine, sounds great.  No dropouts, no artifacts, very very
> faint echo (1/4 second?) - not an issue, but if you crank the volume
> up all the way to 11, you can hear it.
>
> 3) IAX2 with GSM
>    2-3 second drops often, mild artifacts
>
> 4) IAX2 with G711
>    2-3 second drops often, mild artifacts

I've been using IAX2 testing with Nufone.  I have been using G711 to
try to minimise latency.

I also experience these audio dropouts on the audio coming back to me.
The callee disappears and reappears shortly after.

My tests have been

  ATA186-> SIP/g711-> * -> IAX2/G711 -> Nufone -> PSTN -> Dest

I don't think it happens in the other direction - no callee has ever
complained about it.

I've not noticed this using SIP from * to other providers like
IConnectHere.  So I think its an IAX2-related problem.

How can I help get this fixed?  What trace, debugging can I
provide?

Thanks,
Steve