[Asterisk-Dev] -- CPE does not support Call Waiting Caller*ID.

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Tue May 13 18:29:16 MST 2003

I have the same problem using a Vista 350 & a TDM40B. 90% of the time I
get the CPE does not support CWCID error (for both internal & external
calls); occasionally the correct caller ID info displays for the waiting
call. It *always* seems to be correctly displayed if I should happen to
call myself via the directory. Connected directly to the PSTN, that
telephone always displays the info.

Everything seems to be okay with my zapata.conf stuff, and in fact I can
hear the shrill sound of the CID info after the CW tone, even when
nothing displays.

That being said, I don't really have any insight into the problem

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Brian Capouch wrote:

> Steven Critchfield wrote:> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 16:47, Brian Capouch wrote:
> >
> >>I have a Lenox Sound desk phone that has a little "CallerID *
> >>CallWaiting" logo on it.
> >>
> >>But a moment ago, while I was talking, another call came in, and
> >>asterisk logged the message above to the console.
> >>
> >>I didn't think anything had to be done to the phone to enable this
> >>feature, so I'm assuming an asterisk anomaly.
> >>
> >>Anybody have any perspective on this?
> >

> > Check your /etc/asterisk/zapata config. Make sure you enabled
> > callwaiting=yes
> > callwaitingcallerid=yes
> >

> Both are enabled generically for "channels"
>
> That should automatically apply to each Zapata device, ain't it?
>
> I've been playing like crazy, and it doesn't think the phone knows about
> it, giving the message in the subject.
>
> Thx.
>
> B.

Brad Bergman