[Asterisk-Dev] Anyone doing QOS routing on Linux for SIP/RTP?

Mon May 12 18:12:27 MST 2003

> Are there ANY ISPs that support QoS on their backbones?

Well I re-sell NEC Nextep DSL services, while they don't support QoS across
their links, you can buy a particular service level up to and including a
'leased line equivalent' service. Of course, it is really a ATM network with
DSL tails, so even the lowest service level, it is always first packet in =
first packet out, so if you order the packets correctly at your end, they
will arrive in the same order at the remote end. The lower service levels
would mostly affect total available bandwidth mostly seen as jitter...

(I'm assuming, untested and I don't wholly understand very much about VoIP
etc)

Regards,
Adam