[Asterisk-Dev] Is ECHO_CAN_MARK3 i386 only?

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Mon May 5 13:22:59 MST 2003

> I tried to build the Mark 3 echo canceller last week and got a lot of
> errors about a missing i386 header file - not surprising since I was
> building it on a ppc (Mac).  Is this echo canceller only ever going to work
> on i386 or should it be possible to build it on a ppc machine?

mec3 is floating point and highly experimental.  On some people's
machines, it crashes the PC hard after many minutes of operation.  I don't
know how portable it is to PPC because I don't know what the issues of
kernel FP are in PPC.

What needs to happen is for mec3 to be ported to fixed point.

Mark