[Asterisk-Dev] FW: hdlc link down errors

DUSTIN WILDES dwildes at pabbankshares.com
Mon May 5 10:41:07 MST 2003

So far the site I've setup with HDLC is going good - but I'm using Frame Relay (ANSI) instead of the Cisco mode.
You can try the configuration I posted earlier on the asterisk-users at lists.digium.com if you like to see if it helps:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<  EMAIL POSTED TO LIST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I got it figured out now.  In case anyone else comes across it - this is what I had to do:

Sethdlc hdlc0 mode ansi
Ifconfig hdlc0 up   ***NO IP INFO SET***
Sethdlc hdlc0 create <dlci number>
Ifconfig pvc0 <local ip> pointopoint <remote ip> up

Then set your default gateway to the <remote ip> listed in pvc0.  That's about it!!
Hope it helps!

I'm setting up a T1 for both voice and data and was wanting to know the steps involved.
I've recompiled zaptel for ZAPATA_NET support and setup my /etc/zaptel.conf:

Fxsks=1-10
Nethdlc=11-24

Modprobe wct1xxp works fine and my voice lines work.

Now when I use the provided sethdlc, I use the following commands:
Sethdlc hdlc0 mode ansi
Sethdlc create 101

My DLCI is 101 - what do I need to do to bring up my DLCI interface?

Thanks!!!