[Asterisk-Dev] Snappier dialing

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon May 5 10:25:11 MST 2003

Here is a patch for chan_zap.c that allows you to set the dtmf string length
expected for a particular first digit dialed.

An example. Suppose your dial-plan extensions are all 4 digits & begin with
6. You would set a variable LENIFFIRSTX = L - where X is the first digit and
L is the length of the string.

[globals]
LENIFFIRST6 = 4

This should also work with channel variables - but I have not tested this as
much. This is intended for menu-box-contexts - anyone who wants to try this
out, let me know how it works or if you have suggestions. Note, channel
variables will override globals of the same name. They can also should be
able to be set to an empty string (NULL) to override global behavior.

John

(digium, if you want to put this in cvs, let me know & I will send in a
release)