[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] TRIP / RFC2871

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Mar 24 17:14:18 MST 2003

This looks very interesting!  I was in the middle of writing a very
long note to asterisk-dev about solving this problem in a slightly
different way, but I should have paid more attention to the RFC's. :)

I tried getting the Vovida TRIP stack compiled on my RH7.2 system,
and it failed miserably, and instructions are sorely lacking.  It
seems that what the RFC covers would be a great benefit to Asterisk,
considering the exponential problems of branch office gateway
configuration tasks (as one adds more branch offices, it becomes
extremely difficult to figure out where to hand off calls, and there
is no dynamic method to do this in Asterisk as far as I can tell.)

Has anyone had any success in compiling this for RH 7.2?  Just as
importantly, has anyone figured out how to get data out of the
lsserver system in a way that can be accessed via an AGI (perl? c?)
or application?

I fear that since this has not seen work since early last year, that
it is an aborted project.

http://www.vovida.org/downloads/trip/trip-1.0.0.tar.gz

JT