[Asterisk-Dev] Zapata

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri Mar 21 15:37:52 MST 2003

> The zapata library has become useless?
> Only in chan_zap_old.c is includes the zap.h !!! And this module is
> obsolete.
> The new chan_zap implement the call function of zaptel into it.
> Is closed the development of zapata library ?!?

The Zapata library required operating on the channel in a goertzel size.
This caused problems with some IP phones because it introduced jitter into
the processing.  We now operate in 160 sample chunks (20ms) and this
required so much work to try to integrate the zapata library that it was
easier just to move all this into chan_zap.

Mark