[Asterisk-Dev] Qs on Astrix & zaptel

Shahed Moolji shahed at enoor.com
Thu Jun 26 15:13:01 MST 2003

Hi All,

I still have not got a definity answer on my question.
I do not intend to use the PBX features of Asterisk at all.

I want to use Digium Cards to build a custom IVR.

In such a case, am I better of using the zap_ api or
the ast_ api's that are defined as a channel extension in the
asterisk framework.

I am basically a Dialogic programmer, who is looking for a cheaper
alternative to the very expensive dialogic cards.

I just ordered my dev kit from Digium, and so have not yet started
actual development.

It would probably take me at least a week to figure out all the C code
in the zapata / zaptel and asterisk tar balls to find an answer to my
question,
as there is almost no good api docs.

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards