[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Dev] TCL for configuration?

Reinhard Max max at suse.de
Mon Jun 23 09:02:43 MST 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 at 11:16, Reed Wade wrote:

> >The current comment indicator is the semicolon, it is this way do
> >to the fact that a # is a legitimate digit for extensions.
>
> yes, that was what I meant; though if one wanted to go whole TCL it
> would still work quoted #'s are safe to use

Normally you wouldn't even have to quote them:

--- snip (man Tcl) ---

 [9] Comments.

 If a hash character (``#'') appears at a point where Tcl is expecting
 the first character of the first word of a command, then the hash
 character and the characters that follow it, up through the next
 newline, are treated as a comment and ignored. The comment character
 only has significance when it appears at the beginning of a command.

--- snap ---

So the hash caracter on the second line of the following example does
not need to be quoted.

# This is a comment
MyCommand #123

cu