[Asterisk-Dev] Dialogic Developer new to Astrix

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jun 17 08:25:53 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 00:40, Shahed Moolji wrote:
> I did browse through the source, but could not locate
> CTI API's for call control and signaling.
>
> I spent only a few minutes looking at the code though :-)
>
> My only hope is that I can get the level of control I want at the
> channel / port level.

You do not get that control from asterisk. The point of asterisk is that
all the telephony interfaces are handled for you and you can program
your functions at a higher level. For port/channel level control of
digium hardware, you need to look at the zapata library. The zapata
library is where those types of functions are controlled from. From
zap.h you will find functions like,
zap_open
zap_close
zap_getdtmf
zap_dial
zap_ring
and a LOT more.

But as you see, this then would not be the best forum for your questions
as it then will not be asterisk related.