[Asterisk-Dev] background festival

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Jun 10 09:16:19 MST 2003

Am I on the right track here or out to lunch ?

I want to be able to utilize keys hit during festival speech - looking at
the code, keys seem to trigger it stopping but get otherwise thrown away.

I compared with how background works, but it seemed to be based on higher
level stuff since it streams a file, not from a socket.

I am not sure where to start modifying so that the dtmf packets are
actually passed on to the extension matcher as happens in background, since
those calls deal with a filename and the festival ones deal with a file
descriptor that is already open.