[Asterisk-Dev] Load Generation (fwd)

Siggi (SourceForge) siggi at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 30 14:19:39 MST 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, DUSTIN WILDES wrote:

> I would love to setup a high call load on my server at night to help debug problems.  Everyone once in a blue moon (like once a month or so), asterisk may get hung (not crash, but hang).
> What is the best way to create a lot of call volume on your system via SIP?   An AGI loop script?
> Does anyone have such a tool or a recommended way of doing this?

Just place a few hundred .call files (have a look at the "sample.call"
that comes with asterisk) in *'s outgoing spool directory.
You'd ideally connect the calls to those applications that you want to
stress-test.

As Channel, use any VoIP address that your server will handle, eg.
IAX2/guest at localhost/s
(ideally, this would be something that doesn't hang up immediately, but
after some time.)

Cheers,
	Siggi