[Asterisk-Dev] # transfers on ATA 186

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Mon Jul 21 09:17:08 MST 2003

I've been poking around in the code looking to see how easy it would be to
implement a scheme whereby the # key had to be pushed twice to start a
transfer.  This is useful if you dial an IVR system from an analogue phone
through an ATA 186.  You want the # to be passed 'cos the remote system may
act on it.

I made some changes to res_parking.c so that the first # is passed and two
hashes start a transfer.  However, if I press any key after the first #
other than another # the call is broken and drops into the invalid
extension.  I must be missing some vital action needed to keep the call
bridged - does anyone know what this is?

  Iain