[Asterisk-Dev] second try: missing ISDN cause code

Andrea Venturi andrea.venturi at tin.it
Fri Feb 21 13:25:52 MST 2003

Martin Pycko wrote:
> Without getting any logs it's hard to respond to your email at all.

hi,
i'm answering because i'm a colleague of the poster..

the problem is that there are few thing to show.

in chan_zap.c under the " case PRI_EVENT_HANGUP:" (line #5429) we put
just a warning print like:

  ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Hangup cause 0x%x\
n", e->hangup.cause);

and we can see it in the log.. but there's no provision  here for a
AST_CONTROL_BUSY ... it seems completely missing, but maybe it 's not
the right place!

we are interested in the full set of isdn disconnect-cause codes because
there are informations about congestion and reject and more.

this way we could make better decision WRT rerouting and more.. but in
that case, i.e. exposing the isdn cause code at the application level
(in the extension.conf logic, i mean) would require a reworking of the
syntax (now asterisk cope only with (u)nanswered and (b)usy call setup
if i'm not wrong..)

maybe someone knows already the answer, otherwise we'll get some more
time investigating the source because we need this information from
chan_zap (at least the AST_CONTROL_BUSY AST_FRAME)..

hope to give back something to the community, then..

bye

andrea