[Asterisk-Dev] Current database abstraction effort ?

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Wed Dec 31 14:16:04 MST 2003

> I think that the best part of this could be to use ODBC routines implemented
> by Brian, and I believe that it would not be very difficult to write this
> module (I'm thinking mainly in routing stuff).

Yes unixODBC is simple to work with.  I would be willing to assist in your
efforts .. I too wanted to more generalize the db features in asterisk and
maybe settle down with ODBC.  I have found that ODBC is more forgiving
than using say the MySQL C API directly.

I need to finish redoing the odbc voicemail stuff and app_directory and
maybe write res_odbc.c where we can have a global connection that every
app can use to interact with the datasource.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

bkw