[Asterisk-Dev] MGCP patch to interoperate with Cisco IAD243X

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Dec 20 22:57:16 MST 2003

On Saturday 20 December 2003 23:34, Juan J. Sierralta P. wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 22:34, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> > Please submit this to http://bugs.digium.com
>
> 	How are the rules ?

The rules?

> 	Patches goes to bugs.digium.com ?

Yes.  The bugtracker provides a centralized location to track patches
and people's attempts to use them (i.e. feedback) and ensures that
issues get tracked and resolved, if possible.

> 	Isn´t that slower than this list ?

Yes and no.  Yes, the bugtracker has the potential to be slower to get
feedback.  On the other hand, there is the potential for patches sent
only to this list to be lost and forgotten.  Given that there's usually
over 100 messages a day sent to the combined Asterisk lists, that's
quite a possibility.

> 	Excuse me about this questions, but I´m more used to send patches to
> -dev lists.

Are you used to getting your patches applied or archived on the mailing
list archives with no action, because the guys who apply patches were
busy at the time your patch came across the list?

> 	Who decides what and what doesn´t goes in mainstream Asterisk ?

Mark, as the project founder and leader, has final veto power.

-Tilghman