[Asterisk-Dev] Dynamic IAX connections

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Dec 16 08:22:45 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 22:26, Steve Rodgers wrote:
> So, would one way to implement this as a standalone AGI be to store the
> destinations as entries in the database along with the permitted dial
> locations and pass the switch URL out of an AGI as a variable to a switch
> statement in extensions.conf??

Go read the wiki to understand how switch works.

> I could then write another program as a server operating on another unrelated
> port which would add and remove destinations from the database on-the-fly as
> they become available/unavialable correct??

plain registration. Nothing more needed. If the registration expires it
is unavailable. pretty simple.

> Finally, I would write a client to be used by the termination points which
> wish to provide or stop providing service and they would talk to the server
> program to add or remove thier entries from the database.

This really should be done in the dial plan of the endpoint. I think the
only thing that would be needed is a way to reject a call back to the
central switch machine without causing the call to be dropped.

> Obviously, there are still a few loose ends such as knowing when a particular
> termination point is at capacity, and cannot take any more calls so that a
> different termination point can be tried, as well as ways to synchronize
> databases across backup servers.

Yep, you still have a lot to learn to understand the technology already
available to you before you go trying to create new tools.