[Asterisk-Dev] EAGI : Pipe saturation

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Dec 10 08:26:29 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 07:01, Areski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Little problem that it's getting bigger.
> When I use an EGAI script, I see the number of unclosed pipe going up
> all the time. For each EAGI script ran, Asterisk lose 16 pipes.
> /usr/sbin/lsof -Rl|grep asterisk|grep pipe|wc -l
>
> That's bad because have awhile the system is saturated and asterisk
> doesn't work anymore! Impossible to open a new pipe !
>
> The problem doesn't occur with AGI.
> Anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Looks like there could be a problem in launch_script where the fork
fails we don't close our file descriptors down. Not the problem you
describe, but a small problem anyways. Then again, if you failed to
fork, there could be bigger issues about to bring the app down anyways.

Outside of that, I didn't see any problems in the code on a quick look
through. I'll look a little deeper in a while.