[Asterisk-Dev] AutoTools Build Enviroment [was: linux 2.6?]

Greg Varga gvarga at bvcompuworks.com
Fri Dec 5 09:33:32 MST 2003

I think one of the things we should look at doing is using the
autotools for the build enviroment.

This will allow us to automatically detect alot of settings/features,
including what linux kernal version your running.  We could add modules
easily, and turn on debuging information and all that neat stuff as
well.

I'm willing to do the initial port, and help with the maintanence of
the new build enviroment, but wanted to know what others thought of it
first...

Thanks,
  --Greg

On Fri,  5 Dec 2003 17:29:05 +0100, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:

>I'm also interested into that.
>
>asterisk in pure voip works ok on 2.6.0-test7(->11)
>
>but zptel modules must be ported.
>I think that will be pretty easy to do that,
>no big changes in kmod build
>
>(I'm using nvidia 2.4 drivers and vmware 2.4 drivers
>on 2.6 ... only few simple hacks were needed)
>
>I'll give a look to that... but not much spare time
>for now... perhaps during xmas holidays? :)
>
>Matteo
>
>Scrive Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net>:
>
>> hi
>>
>> any idea when asterisk/zaptel will run on 2.6?
>>
>> roy

>--
>
>Matteo Brancaleoni
>Espia System Administrator