[Asterisk-Dev] VoiceXML Connectivity for Asterisk

Raj Kiran Talusani raj at phonologies.com
Wed Dec 3 05:59:44 MST 2003

Hello all,

I have seen a few people asking for VoiceXML support for Asterisk.
We are developers of  Platform technologies in VoIP and Telephony
space using the VoiceXML, SIP, CCXML etc standards.

We have plans to write a connector module for Asterisk. That way
our VoiceXML gateways will use Asterisk as the telephony platform instead
of directly dealing with the Telephony Hardware. And i think if we do this
we have to release source code for this module as GPL, and we are ok
with that.

I think, we can do this in two ways. By writing a new channel
(chan_voicexml)
or an application that can be called by asterisk at any time (app_voicexml).
Which one would be better?

I didn't find any documentation explaining how to write a new channel or
a new
application for Asterisk. If some can help me out with this i would
really appreciate.

hoping for a positive response.

thanks in advance

Raj Kiran Talusani