[Asterisk-Dev] SIP Phone reset from CLI

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) lwc at roke.co.uk
Sun Aug 31 21:16:04 MST 2003

At 4:59 pm -0400 29/8/03, DUSTIN WILDES wrote:
>Or - we could put a small notice like "Only for phones that support
>the check-sync NOTIFY message"?
>If anyone has any specs on other SIP phones on remote rebooting,
>I'll be happy to add it in.  Granted I won't be able to fully test
>it out - but I'll be willing to help.  :-)

>I don't know if this should really be in cvs, unless its a feature that is
>supported by all phones and not just the cisco phones.

To which my response is:
Hi Folks,
    There was an amusing bug a while back that caused my Siemens Optipoint 400
(behind an Intertex IX66) to remote-reboot when * attempted a native bridge,
but I don't think that this was intentional.

I have to say that I did wonder if this proposal was from Microsoft -
it strikes
me as a *Bad Idea* to allow one's phones to be remote-rebooted by any
WilE Hacker
who sends out a suitable Notify. If this IS to be added to *, Please
can it be a
compile-time option that is OFF by default - it's dangerous.

all the best,
   Lawrence
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:lwc at roke.co.uk>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.