[Asterisk-Dev] Gotoif comparison (two John Todd's?)

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Aug 27 12:14:28 MST 2003

At 1:48 PM -0500 8/27/03, John Todd wrote:
>From: John Todd <jdt at charmed.internetsolver.com>
>To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
>Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] Gotoif comparison
>Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:48:29 -0500 (CDT)
>
>I am trying to compare two values using the GotoIf command
>but is it always giving me the true condition. Can anybody correct what I
>am doing wrong?
>
>exten => s,3,GotoIf($[${orig}=${cf}]?5:4)
>
>thanks,
>JT

OK, this is going to get confusing.  Note that the email address on
this message is different than the email address in the mail to which
I'm replying.  The more astute among you will notice that THERE ARE
TWO JOHN TODDS ON THE LIST.

Even more confusingly, the "new" John Todd signs his messages with
"JT", like I do.

John -

First:
   Perhaps, for the sake of clarity, you may wish to sign with a
different .sig for the asterisk mailing lists, as I'm somewhat
prolific here and confusion will happen very quickly.  Might I
suggest "JDT" and perhaps putting a "D" initial in your "From:"
header?

Second:
   You're missing spaces around your equal sign, which is very important.

exten => s,3,GotoIf($[${orig} = ${cf}]?5:4)

JT