[Asterisk-Dev] thread-safe and reentrant functions

Jared Smith jsmith at drgutah.com
Wed Aug 27 12:00:31 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:24, Gene Kochanowsky wrote:
> Forget I brought it up.

Actually, I'm glad you sent the email.  I like it when ideas are brought
up, so they can be discussed and evalutated.  I'd hate for you to get
the idea that we're a bunch of closed-minded fools who hate C++.  We're
not.  Well, I guess I'd better only speak for myself ;-)  I'm not, at
least I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I'm a firm believer that it's discussions like this that help software
development happen.  If we never have to stand up and defend our code,
it will never improve.  Same thing goes for things like "architecture"
and APIs, etc.

So while I don't agree that Asterisk should be rewritten in C++, I'm
glad that you brought up some points in an effort to make Asterisk a
better piece of software.

Jared