[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk on non-linux OSes

timecop at pbx.mine.nu timecop at pbx.mine.nu
Wed Aug 27 05:19:30 MST 2003

> > I would be happy to set Asterisk up to build using autoconf if people
> > are interested.
>
>  me too , i guess to use autotools could be a great improvement for asterisk.
Actually, what is the advantage exactly? Current asterisk build system
using makefiles works just fine.
If you want system-dependent stuff-like config.h it can be generated in a
toplevel makefile from a shellscript/perlscript/whatever.

Infesting the huge mess that is autoconf doesnt seem to make much sense,
especially if...

>  I was talking yesterday on the irc channel about that , but the problem
>  to use autoconf/etc ... it that someone should mantain that and nobody
>  wants/can do it at the moment .

... nobody wants to maintain it.