[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk on non-linux OSes

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 25 15:27:13 MST 2003

Sorry for late reply; too busy.

Yes, I am extremely interested in getting Asterisk running
(completely) on OpenBSD platforms, and will make available a test
platform (i386) to anyone who needs a testbed on 3.3.  I have not
tested in several months, but I was able to get it to compile some
time ago thanks to the hard work of Thorsten Lockert.  I haven't
tried recently.

I would ultimately like to see the whole thing running, including Zap
hardware (Digium Wildcards) on OpenBSD to match the rest of my
network.  Linux is nice, but I currently have to run a completely
separate master server, and test server, etc. etc. just for my
Asterisk systems.  I'd much rather keep my standard UNIX environment
with one platform.  I'd be happy with i386, but Sparc/PPC/Alpha would
also be really cool (and very difficult, no doubt.)   I assume once
OpenBSD was tackled, NetBSD or FreeBSD would not be very hard (or
vice versa, since OBSD usually follows NetBSD.)

JT