[Asterisk-Dev] channel driver

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon Aug 25 00:12:50 MST 2003

At 18:15 24-8-2003 -0500, you wrote:
>build it as part of the normal asterisk build process (by putting it in
>the channels sub directory) and adding to the Makefile.

I had tried something like that without success but I'll run it again
today. Anyway - can you explain why this should matter so much ? I have a
debian box running chan_capi which is not linked in this way and runs just
fine. If we learn how this is caused we can hopefully solve the issue..

Florian

> > I'm still baffled by this one. A prerelease driver we have has this code:
> >
> >          struct ast_channel *tmp;
> >          tmp = ast_channel_alloc(1);
> >          tmp->pvt->rawwriteformat = fmt;
> >
> > Reportedly, this works just fine on someones Redhat and Suse boxes, but it
> > segfaults on the last line on my Debian box. Now, Mark had this pinned down
> > apparently and mentioned some changes to move the driver into the asterisk
> > source tree should fix the issue. Unfortunately, it does not.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to solve this will be appreciated..

Met vriendelijke groet,
Florian Overkamp
ObSimRef BV (http://www.obsimref.com/)