[Asterisk-Dev] IAX to zaptel echo

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Thu Aug 21 10:50:08 MST 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:44:31PM -0400, pgrace at fierymoon.com wrote:
> I'm not too smart about these phone voodoos, but all I know is that I have
> echo when using SIP to an FXO on a local 100mbit lan...  Something else
> causing it in my case, maybe?
>
> Pete
>

> > Out of curiosity, isn't echo a function of delay?  It sounds like Claude
> > may be running a this on a small development LAN which should have low
> > latency.  Does anyone know if Asterisk introduces enough latency to cause
> > echo?

	I've seen significant echo when using the Cisco 7960 with users
that turn up their handset to a very loud setting such that the
microphone in it picks up the speaker and feeds it back.

	Once we figured out who was introducing it we got them to
turn their phone volume down or to use a headset it went away.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net